FOR: Youth in grades Kindergarten through one year past high school.
WHAT: Skills Sessions & Fishing Tournament
Fishing Skills Sessions Offered Virtually
4-5 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
Sept. 28 – Oct. 12
(Pick up your free bag of fishing rig supplies at the Minocqua Library – supplies limited so call the library at 715-356-4437 first).
- Learn how to make your own rig using line, a can/cane/pole, and hook
- Fishing for answers, knot tying, stringing a pole & baiting a hook
- Habitat & casting
- Being a good sport – Tournament Rules
- Catch & release and cleaning & Cooking!
Youth Fishing Tournament: Oct 13-18.
- Parent & Child Teams
- Each team will receive gear for the child to build a fishing rig from a stick or cane or soda can.
- Wisconsin Fishing License Not Required – (15 years & younger)
How to Submit Fish :
- Catch a fish on your rig.
- Measure fish and take a pic.
- Submit fish & measurements to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Report by 4:30 p.m. Oct 18, 2020.
Each student-parent team allowed to register 5 longest of Bluegill, Crappie and Yellow Perch for individual awards.
- FREE For 4-H members!
- $10 for non-4-H members
4-H is free to join and can be done before registering for this program. Click here for instructions on how to enroll in 4-H).
Register by Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020:
Click here to register a 4-H member (it’s free!).
4-H is free to join and you can join before participating! Click here to join 4-H for free!
After registering, you will be contacted by this program’s certified 4-H leader, Jason, who will introduce himself and provide you with additional information.